Monday, November 4, 2013

"but behold there never was a happier time among the people of Nephi" :)

Hey my people!
 
This week has been fantastic! It's been much different with new duties as a Zone Leader and trainer, but the work is going so well. I LOVE my new companion, Elder Aguilar. HE'S FROM  SHERMAN, TX! :O  When he told me that, I was beat. I felt so much love and joy and mercy from God all in one moment and I didn't know what to say. I was pretty nervous the whole morning of transfers becaue I didn't know what to expect and I felt intimidated by the responsibility coming my way, but God is so faithful. I knew He was/is mindful of me. He knew I would need E. Aguilar. He is so full of energy and motivation and is so willing to work and be obedient. So it's great. He came in on Tuesday and we went to our ward "trunk-or-treat" party that night and introduced him to everyone.
 
On Wednesday, we taught Ioga and Nerissa U. again. It went well. But it seems like Ioga is pretty comfortable where he's at with his Chirstianity. He said he'd pray about the Book of Mormon, but didn't commit to reading it. It's a start. But the awesome thing about Wednesday was that we got to have dinner with Pres. Purcell, the 1st counselor in our Stake Presidency. Nerissa had told us last week that she knew his family, so we brought the U. family up to him. Like a member missionary hero, he told us right then that he would have us over for dinner on Sunday and invite Nerissa and Ioga and their family. so we told the U. family that night and they said it'd work out.
 
On Thursday, we got to see Sai again and read a few chapters of the Book of Mormon with him. He's doing well, but still hasn't been coming to church, so we're just going to keep helping him. I know God is there with him.
 
I also interviewed someone for baptism for the first time on Thursday. (Because baptism is such an important commitment, persons working toward baptism are interviewed to make sure that the missionaries did their job to teach and that the candidate understands the principles taught). It was a 19-year-old named Jessica. It was such an amazing experience. She was SO prepared for baptism. She came in contact with the missionaries while at work at Jack-in-the-Box. She saw them in a car thought about how her family was once taught by missionaries a long time ago, so she went up and talked to them. She was taught, and her family has abandoned her. But she knows it's true. It was so humbling to be able to even play a small role in helping her towards baptism. The spirit was so strong as I listened to her, and I know she is impacting generations of her future family. The whole experience filled me with so much gratitude for my Savior and His Gospel and His Atonement for the whole rest of the night. I just can't put to words the joy and happiness I felt. There's nothing like it in the world.

Saturday was great. Bro. Moleli and his son come out and work with us every Satuday. It was awesome because we had a lesson with a former investigator named Jake who we finally contacted this week after months of trying to find him. He met with missionaries for a while, but stopped about a year ago (we don't know why). He's huge and used to play football for a local college. We taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ, but really, the members made the difference for the lesson. The impact Bro. Moleli had was enormous, especially because he could speak in Samoan to Jake. I don't know what he said, but whatever it was, it helped. Jake said he would be baptized, but wanted to pray about a date.

On Sunday we had the dinner with Purcells and the U. Family. IT. WENT. SO. WELL. Members are magic! Pres. Purcell and Ioga had so much in common and had so much to talk about. And Merosa and Anetero (the U. daughters) hit it off with the Purcells' daughter. It was so great. I wish every member would go out of their way to help struggling families around them. Mm! I just can't express the joy I feel. :)
Anywho, I gotta go. The Gospel is true! The Savior lives! The Book of Mormon answers the questions of the soul!
 
Love,
 
Elder Judd