Monday, November 25, 2013

"Peace, peace be unto you, because of your faith in my well Beloved, who was from the foundation of the world."

Family!

This week was awesome. Some of the happiest moments I've had. Also, it's been much colder lately, which I love. But I think I'm too adjusted to the California warmth because I've been feeling cold at 50 degrees. (Emily probably laughs at this weather)

But Monday started this week great. We went to Riverside to see this guy named Erik. I met Erik at a wedding several months ago, but totally spaced it and didn't get any of his contact information. He's not a member of the church but has family that is. Luckily, after asking around, we were able to get a hold of his address. We've been trying for weeks to contact him but nobody has been home until Monday. It was the greatest tender mercy. He said we could come back again on Saturday.

Tuesday, we brought Ross out with us again, which was AWESOME. Ross is the best. He'll be a powerhouse missionary. we weren't able to teach any lessons while we were out, but we found some Samoan families that were just baptized in an English ward out here, so it was cool. 

Wednesday, I went on an exchange with the Assistants to the President, which was seriously amazing. I was with Elder Bolingbroke in the his area. Which is a Spanish branch. And I don't speak Spanish. I don't even speak Samoan. It was awesome. E. Bolingbroke did pretty much all the talking everywhere we went. Every time we finished talking to somebody and were walking somewhere else, I would tell him whatever I picked up from the conversation. Like "They have a lemon tree," or "Her daughter lives there too," or "He's catholic." It was funny. 


But even though I didn't understand much of what was said, I know I understood the language of the Spirit. The impressions I felt from the Holy Ghost were real, I felt so much love for the people we worked with, though I hardly knew them.

On Saturday we went to a ward Relief Society Social. I remember feeling so glad to be in this ward. I looked around at all the members and realized how much I love these people. I love the gospel! I love this work! :)

After the party we brought Bro. Moleli out with us to see Erik again. They hit it off. They had so much to talk about and we were able to meet Erik's family. Tina, his wife, went to an LDS college and has a lot of Mormon friends and family. Erik said his dad is a Methodist Minister in Samoa, and that he (Erik) has been baptized 5 times into different churches. He said he's open to whatever we have to teach him. They said we could come by again anytime. We're so excited to teach them. I know they have been prepared by the Lord to hear his Gospel.

That's all for this week. I'm pumped for Thanksgiving. Hopefully I don't explode from eating so much. Just kidding, Mom. :)

Love you all!

Elder Judd