Monday, August 12, 2013

"He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for He loveth the world"

Talofa!
 
It was a great last few days in Loma Linda, but a great first few days in Rialto. I had to say goodbye to the wonderful Laura and Danny, but I may see them again soon because they are planning on being baptized this Friday.
 
On Wednesday, we had transfers and all met at the mission office. My new companion, Elder Browning is a great guy. He is the grandson of Elder and Sister Browning, a senior missionary couple who finished their mission in my ward in Loma Linda. They went home after I had been out about 2 weeks. They made good food. :)
 
On Saturday, we baptized Sabrinna, who had been investigating the church with her family long before I arrived. her sister Zharra had been a member of the church for a while, and they both bore powerful testimonies at the service.
 
I love the people of this ward. they are so sincere and kind, and they LOVE missionaries. they feed us so much. Church on Sunday is in Samoan, so it is a completely new experience. But the spirit is the same. the power of the Priesthood is the same. The power of the atonement is the same. I love that God is no respecter of persons. I also love the church building we meet at now. The sacrament table is not in the usual spot in the corner of the chapel, but is directly in front of the pulpit. It is front and center. With this, the Savior and His sacrament are the focus. I love it.
 
I love serving a mission. I know this is where I'm supposed to be. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us.
"The most important message any of us could receive or carry is a reminder of who we are and how we are loved by our Eternal Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. When the truth and reality of this message sink deep into our hearts, we are drawn back to Them--to Their love, to Their light, and to Their arms." --Elder Patrick Kearon
 
:)
 
Love,
Elder Judd
 
p.s. Thanks for everything and all your prayers. please keep me in your prayers, as I keep you in mine. I love you guys.