Monday, August 5, 2013

"come unto that God who is the Rock of your salvation"

*Editor's note: The blog is now up to date! I apologize for the delay. I just finished my first year of grad school yesterday, and I FINALLY have time to blog for both of my missionaries!

My friends and family,

Today marks 2 months that I've been on my mission. My first transfer cycle is over and my next is beginning. I was just told that i will be transferred this wednesday to the Samoan ward in Rialto! I'll be serving with Elder Browning. I am so excited, especially because i will be a giant compared to the members of that ward. ;)

This week has been SO great, and the entire transfer has been full of miracles and blessings. Our investigators are progressing on the path and are each growing closer to the Savior. Laura and Danny came back in town! They got back from vacation and are ready to continue the lessons and be baptized soon. Randall and Dana are doing so great too. They love the church and they love the lessons. Randall once asked if it was okay if he read the Book of Mormon before bed every night, just because it made him feel good and sleep better. :) They're awesome. And they know that the power of the Book of Mormon is real. It IS real! So real! I wish that everyone would study, ponder, and apply the principles found in the Book of Mormon. When we do that our families are strengthened! Our testimonies grow! Everything that we struggle with in life will dissolve into minor bumps that we easily and cheerfully can overcome through the Savior Jesus Christ. Mm. The Book of Mormon is true. It IS the word of God and it transforms lives.

This week we made a lot of visits to people in the hospital. This area covers 3 hospitals, which is pretty cool. People often contact us and send us to bless their family members in the hospitals. It has been an amazing experience to see the priesthood power of God work miracles in the lives of these individuals.

I went on another exchange with the Pioneer ward. I was with Elder Saxton on bike. He's a super cool guy from Salt Lake. I love riding my bike because I love smiling to the people I pass. Even if they don't want to talk to us, everyone feels better when somebody smiles to them, right? :)
I am so grateful to have had the privilege to serve in the Mountain View Ward. I am grateful that I had the privilege to work with such strong members and such prepared children of the Lord. I'm sad to leave these people that I love so much, but I know that this is the Lord's work and he knows what he's doing. I am excited for the missionaries who have the privilege to serve in the Mountain View Ward. They will be able to witness miracles. This ward has become sacred ground to me, as I am sure the rest of my mission will become.
I love this work. I love the Book of Mormon. I love the Savior. Families can be together forever. :)

Love,

Elder Judd

PICTURES:


me and elder wible
me and sister packard
mtc district
mtc district again
me and the netherlands elders from my byu ward
me and my first district in the field
You're welcome! :)