Monday, July 1, 2013

"Come unto Him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto Him"

Editor's note: sorry for the typos in the last letter I sent for Elder Judd. I didn't spell check. And he has dinner with members every night, not friends!
Sweet friends of the earth!
This week has been so great! the CA Redlands mission officially opened up on Friday. I love this place and the people.
On my first day in the field, my first lesson was with a lady named Monica and her daughter who was just baptized, Gabie. They had invited their neighbors to join in, and that's when we met Laura and Danny. They accepted the invitation to be baptized that day, and we've started to teach them. They are so awesome. They also came to Church on Sunday! They really liked it, which is awesome.
We also had a going-away testimony meeting with Pres. and Sis. Smart this week, and it was really powerful. It's so great to see all the strong missionaries who have been serving for a long time. I'm grateful to have a companion like that.
I've learned a lot about being patient with myself, my companion, and this great work. It's definitely all a process. But I know it's the Lord's work. Everytime I read from the Book of Mormon it makes my day so much better, and I know He is with me. 

(Sorry again for the short letter)
Love you all,
Elder Judd