Monday, July 14, 2014

"I give unto you to be the salt of the earth"


My family!

A lot of great things happened this week. 

It was kind of interesting this week because one of our wards had their annual ward camp at some faraway lake. So, just about every person in that ward was gone. It was funny. Then when they were back on Saturday they had a party/dinner/dance at the church and everyone was really tan and tired.

But the Lord's work carried on.

We're still teaching Taumarie, and she's still doing great. When we invited her to be baptized, she told us she's been waiting for this for a long time.

On Wednesday night we went to go see John. We haven't been able to reach John for several months, but we felt to stop by when our original plans fell through. We caught his wife, Carol, who was baptized several years ago. She was taking care of her father, who is elderly and blind and has had several strokes. Her mother died suddenly from cancer years ago. We taught them of the Plan of Salvation. 

Carol and her father told us of struggles they are facing, and I knew in that moment that Heavenly Father loved them. We testified of the resurrection and the power that the Savior has to strengthen us.
I wish I could express how much I know that is true. And I wish I could write all the wonderful things that happen each week. Things are going so well. I really love my mission. 

Heavenly Father is mindful of you!

Love, 

Elder Judd