Monday, January 6, 2014

"Unto you that fear my name, shall the Son of Righteousness arise with healing in His wings"

Manuia le Tausaga Fou! Happy New Year!

I love Samoans. And by that I mean, Ou te alofa i tagata Samoa, I think. :)

 You better believe I never want to leave this ward. These people have made a home in my heart. I love their food, I love their language, I love their kind spirits and smiles. I love these people.

On Wednesday we stopped by Nerissa and Ioga. We shared the story of the boy-prophet Samuel. when the Lord called to him in the night, he answered. We had a good discussion about obedience and following the voice of the Spirit. 

Remember Jerome? Whom we met a few weeks ago? And he said he was going out of town until mid January? Well, he's still out of town.

HOWEVER, we got a text early Wednesday morning: 
"Happy new years Elder Judd and Bentley" 

We realized the number was Jerome's. Highlight of my week. I couldn't stop thinking about it. 

The experience taught me this: The Spirit turns hearts. 

Jerome felt the Spirit in our visit. Something Jerome felt by the Spirit made such an impact on his soul that, weeks later, he remembered the 2 white guys that came to his house unannounced on a Friday night. The text was a miracle to me. And I'm pumped to meet him again when he returns in a couple weeks.

New years night we had to be home early. We spent to night updating records and other paperwork stuff. Pretty helpful.

Thursday was MLC, which was awesome, as usual.

Saturday, when we went to our lesson with Naia, he told us his mom had talked with him and said he couldn't live "one foot in, one foot out". She said he had to choose Seventh-Day Adventist or our church. He said he wanted to stick with what he grew up with. It broke my heart. We told him we would continue to pray for him and his family, especially that he would find a job. We also encouraged him to continue to read the Book of Mormon.

I know God sees the big picture. God knows everything. While I'm sad we won't be teaching Naia anymore, I know God is always there for him. He will always guide him to truth.

It's the same for all of us. God knows us. He knows what is best for us. If we trust him, we will find eternal happiness. 

I am so grateful for my mission. Sometimes I just think about how good Heavenly Father is for giving me such sweet, refining experiences and I can't help but smile. I love being a missionary. :)

Alofa,

Elder Judd