Monday, January 27, 2014

"because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true"

Hello aiga ma uo,

Things are great in Samoa, as always. We're working hard to find more people to teach, and I'm working hard to learn the language.

I love working with E. Pauga. This guy is great. He sings better than Bruno Mars, and he's a powerhouse teacher. He's just fun to work with.

On Tuesday, Elder Bentley and I taught Sofia the restoration. We challenged her to pray about the things we taught, and she gladly agreed. She completely believes that God answers prayers. He does! I know he does. Heavenly Father cares about what we care about. You can ask Him the questions of your soul. And if you ask "with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you by the power of the Holy Ghost." :)

On Wednesday, we had dinner with the Afutiti's, who had also invited the Otele's. It was great. Bro. Otele is doing really well and has been accepting the gospel so far. And even though I don't know most of what was said that night, I know what was felt. Lots of laughs and smiles. I'm grateful for kindness. I'm also grateful for a missionary-minded Bishop who loves the people around him.

Jerome got back in town this week! He was in Everett, WA for a while. We caught him at home Friday night. He was busy painting some rooms for his mom, so we set up an appointment for next week. On his way home for Washington, he hit Portland when he realized he forgot his copy of the Book of Mormon. So, being the stud that Jerome is, he drove all the way back to get it. He's been reading faithfully. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father guided us to Jerome and his family. I am so grateful for the privilege to teach him the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We had a lesson with Moli for the first time in months! She has been super busy. But we had a good visit with her. She feels like she's at a point where she doesn't know what more God wants here to do. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and believes it is from God, but it seems like she wants a definite knowledge of the path to take. She had been so close to baptism in August, but felt scared.

So, we taught her about the Savior. He knows what it's like to feel alone.

Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, Lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

There is no struggle that the Savior does not understand. Though we may not feel the fullness of His love at every moment of the day, He is there. We must learn to choose the right even when it's difficult. We must learn "to be faithful in the dark."

He lives. He loves us. The Holy Ghost testifies of Him.

Alofa,

Elder Judd