Monday, May 11, 2015

"I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand"

Dear Family,

It was great to talk with you yesterday.

Here are some great experiences from this week:

We taught a man this week about one of God's commandments which many people struggle to keep. At the beginning of the lesson, we shared the Mormon Message Reclaimed. He then shared his thoughts and told us:

Every time I to church, or you guys come, or you bring a someone with youI get exactly what I need in that moment. 

The Holy Ghost works in our lives when we have the faith to listen. I know that Heavenly Father knows our needs better than we do.

We also began teaching an older gentleman who's neighbor is a member. His neighbors invited him to listen to the missionaries. We could feel a great love for him as soon as he opened the door and let us in. He was frank with us:

I've just agreed to listen. I'm only doing this because of that young woman across the street. She is very loving and kind, and so is her family. So, I'm doing this because I love and respect them.

I love missionary work and member missionary work. This is all so fun. Hearts change and people change everyday. 

Love,

Elder Judd