Monday, April 6, 2015

"they poured out their thanks to God because he had been merciful unto them, and eased their burdens"



Dear family,

On Wednesday we helped a couple in the ward move some things out of their attic. The husband was recently baptized. They had their Samoan friends there to help them, and we had great conversation as we worked. They aren't members of the church, but have family who are. My Samoan is rusty (not that it was ever spectacular) but it was fun to talk with them. They took us to Costco for hot-dogs for lunch.

Stan is tearing through the Book of Mormon. He just finished 2 Nephi, and his pages are thoroughly marked. He loves it. And we love Stan.

General Conference was excellent! I really liked the talks by Elder Oaks, Elder Ballard, and Elder Pearson. And others. I am grateful that we have living Prophets and Apostles.

I am also grateful for the Book of Mormon. I want to read it everyday, everyday, everyday! throughout my life! When I am consistently in the Book of Mormon, I feel more direction and purpose in my life. I feel less stressed. I feel more capable. I feel that I can better recognize Heavenly Father's hand and voice. I love the Book of Mormon and my Savior, Jesus Christ.

I love you all,

Elder Judd