Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"Who can glory too much in the Lord?"


Dear family,

I love the people of Indio. 

Andrew2 is loving the gospel. He loved the whole experience last week of attending General Conference. The leaders of the Young Men who chaperoned the trip told us that when they asked what he liked about it, he said:

I really enjoyed the last guy. ... I felt a warmth in my heart when he spoke.

The last guy was the Prophet Thomas S. Monson. The leaders helped Andrew understand that what he felt was the Holy Ghost. 

Andrew2 also told us that they had front row seats at the Priesthood session of conference. Before the session started, a man came up to him and Andrew1 and asked them if they were future missionaries. He didn't know what to say at first, but thought about it, and answered Yes. The man gave them both a special card with golden dollar as a beginning to their personal missionary savings fund. They learned afterward that the man was David L. Beck, the General Young Mens' President of the church. 

It is really cool to have the opportunity to teach Andrew because it's teaching me that this is truly the Lord's work. He is speaking and teaching Andrew through the Holy Ghost, and I as a missionary get the privilege to help just a little bit as a tool and witness the whole miracle.


Collin is doing really well too. He told us that reason that he keeps meeting with us is because he says the things we teach make him feel good. He talks fast and jokes a lot and he's just funny. He calls Elder Fife "Santa Rosa" and he calls me "Youngster". We always come away full of love after teaching him.
On Saturday we stopped by a less active family but they weren't home. But the neighbors were outside. A middle-aged gentleman named Ernesto from Uruguay was working on a project in his garage. Almost immediately he told us that he knew we were Mormon and that he has 3 sisters who are Mormon now too. Each married a returned-missionary and consistently invite him to read the Book of Mormon. He playfully told us:

I'll never be baptized Mormon! I'm catholic and I'll always be Catholic.

This Thursday Elder David F. Evans is coming to tour the mission. We have been preparing for a long time to receive guidance from his visit, so I'm excited. President Van Cott often reminds us: "Puny Preparation = Puny Revelation". It's true. 

I love serving as a missionary. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He lives. I know that He loves me.

Love,

Elder Judd

video link to President Monson talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFxctRT54ag