Monday, December 23, 2013

"and His name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of

Manuia le Kerisimasi! :)
 
I am so pumped for this week. Christmas time is the best because so many people are focused on looking outside themselves and helping others. In other words: Love. Love is what brings us together today. And that's what the Savior's message is all about. He promised:
 
"Come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I will receive you."
 
We will be "encircled about eternally in the arms of His love."
 
I felt that this week with Sai. We stopped by Tuesday night and read a chapter of the Book of Momon with him. Sai is doing SO well. He's cruising along in the Book of Mormon and just radiates with a new light. He was in Alma 22. We read about how the powerhouse missionary Aaron taught King Lamoni's father. Sai practically taught us. He noticed that when King Lamoni's father felt the Spirit, he said:
 
"What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy."
 
Sai explained that in his experience, as soon as somebody feels the Spirit of God, it's immediately delicious to them.  The Spirit is just like that.  And if we really want to be happy and have the Holy Ghost as our constant companion, we have to be willing to give our whole soul to the Lord. That's what he's asked.
 
Friday was awesome. We brought Deelorean out with us most of the day. He's awesome. He's been on a mini mission in San Jose for the last few months and is just waiting for his mission call. So many miracles with this guy.
 
We went to a family that we found in our Area Book that missionaries had met years before. A young guy named Jerome answered. I felt like I'd met him before. His facial hair made him look 25. He was 17. He let us in and we sat down with him and some of his cousins. We found out their father passed away a month ago. We shared "A Book of Mormon Story" with him and testified that he could live with his family forever. Death is not the end. He said he'd read the Book of Mormon. The Spirit was so strong in their home. I felt so much compassion for Jerome. I wanted to help him. I can't imagine the pain he must feel now, but I do know that the Jesus Christ knows his complete soul. Jerome is going out of town until January, so I hope he reads the Book of Mormon because it'll allow the Savior to heal him. Anyone who reads the Book of Mormon will come to know the Savior in a very real way. 

That night we had a ward Christmas party. We had been inviting EVERYONE. Uilisone promised to be there, but he wasn't. But, his sister was. Which was awesome because she's less active too. And Simi was there, who we just met this week. And Ioga and Nerissa were there. And Moli and Sabrinna and Omar were there. And it was just great. the Relief Society gave us each a tie, and the youth performed dances, and it was just fun.
 
This week should be full of miracles. We plan to make tons of cookies and deliver them to every Samoan in the world. And our world is the Inland Empire of California. It should be fun. :)
 
Heavenly Father loves you unconditionally! He hears your prayers and answers them! The Savior lives! This is His work! I know it's true! :)
 
Love,
Elder Judd